02 May 10 Tips to Increase Facebook Reach
If you want your business to perform in the Facebook News Feed, you need to understand Facebook Reach and how to adjust your practices to make sure your content is being viewed.
Now is the time to focus on quality content that is interesting and meaningful to the individuals you are trying to build relationships with.
Facebook Post Reach is the number of people who have seen your post. There are three components to reach – organic, paid, and viral reach.
Organic reach is the total number of people who were shown your post through unpaid distribution.
Paid Reach is the total number of unique people who were shown your post as a result of ads.
Viral reach is the total number of unique people who saw your content mentioned from a story published by a friend. This includes content being liked, commented on, and shared.
Reach vs Engagement
As mentioned above, reach measures how many people have seen your post. It is a good indicator of how well you are getting your product and name into people’s news feeds.
Engagement indicates interactions beyond views. The engagement rate is the percentage of people who saw a post that reacted to, shared, clicked or commented on it.
10 Tips to Increase Reach
- Publish Evergreen Content – Evergreen content remains relevant to users for a long period of time. This increases reach because posts can continue to be seen and shared over time.
- Post High-Quality Content – Facebook emphasizes high-quality, relevant content and chooses to put this type of content higher in the news feed.
- Use Facebook Insights – You can use reach and engagement metrics to determine the quality of each post and optimize content for better results. You can use the People Reached section to see Total Reach and audience demographics including: gender, age, country, city, and language.
- Build an Online Community – You can create a group and start discussions to promote interest in your blog, cultivate an audience, and decrease marketing expenses.
- Publish Native Facebook Videos – Native videos are the strongest performer in the Facebook news feed.
- Use Competitor Insights – Using tools such as SimplyMeasured or Buzzsumo allow you to see what your competitors are doing and whether their strategies are working or not.
- Use Organic Post Targeting – You can deliver content significant to an audience based on their demographics, education, and interests.
- Adjust Timing – Start posting in off-peak hours so your content isn’t lost in the sea of competitor posts.
- Use call to action to increase engagement – Asking the customer to share or comment will increase engagement and in turn, increase post reach.
- Use better visuals – Facebook is a platform where images and videos outperform text.
Reach is a powerful metric that indicates performance and enables businesses to increase connections with their audience. By using best practices to increase reach, you can significantly increase the number of engaged users on your page.