[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” css_animation=””][vc_column][vc_column_text]
[Effective date: January, 2016]
Video Checkout, Inc. provides an Internet and mobile-based platform that allows individuals or businesses or organizations to market and sell goods, services or request donations to interested customers by a direct sale and shopping cart software built into a digital video feed or display.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED.
Video Checkout collects information that you provide in utilizing the Website in addition to information that is occasioned by your use of the Website.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register to use the Website.
- Communications between you and Video Checkout or between you and any other User.
- We may be required to collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
- We may collect personal information, such as your date of birth, or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings (“Personal Information”). We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
Information collected by Third Parties:
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website. These tools collect information sent by your device or Website, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Website. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Website, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access the Website, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Video Checkout.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Website and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Website may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- HOW INFORMATION IS STORED.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Video Checkout or is otherwise posted on the Website or guarantee that information on the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Video Checkout, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Video Checkout make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Website
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Website or other services related to the Website
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of Video Checkout (provided Video Checkout may transfer information among the various companies that it works with) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with Video Checkout’s Affiliates. Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Website (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with Services Providers. Our Website Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Website, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set.
- Any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Website may contain links to other websites or services. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- CONTACT US